I recently joined a few swaps on Ravelry.com, and am excited to say that today after work I came home to find a package waiting for me on the front porch. It was a swap package from the Flat Rate Box Swap on Raverly. The theme for this particular swap is "Local Theme" meaning, we are to send items from our local area (town / state). My swap partner lives in the state of Maryland, so she sent me some things related to her area. WOW, I must say I sure did get a nice package of things! Even my kitties got treated by my swap partner!
Jasper & Casper with their new toys!
Here's all the neat stuff I got in my box from my swap partner...
- "Crochet Boquet" Book from Joann Fabrics - This is a book on crocheted flower motifs.
(And you'll never believe that just this morning I was online trying to find a pattern for a flower motif, then I find this awesome book in the mail from my swap partner today)!
- Skein of Vanna White white yarn
- Skein of red yarn made locally in my swap partner's community
- Old Bay Seasoning (YUMMY! Can't wait to try this!)
- Souvenier sand keychain
- Souvenier toothpick container (shaped like a small coffee mug)
- Stationery note pad designed by a local person
- ANNA magazine - never heard of this magazine before...it's filled with needlework patterns!
- Hallmark Wedding photo/scrap book
- Gummy Worms for my fiancee's boys
- Webkins Oriole for my son - Orioles are Maryland's state bird
- Postcards with pictures of Maryland and places in the area
- Postcard with a crab cake recipe on it
- Kitty Christmas wrapping paper
- Kitty stickers
- Stuffed toy crab
- Crochet hook comfort grips
- Maryland collector spoon
- Magazines on Maryland and the local areas
- Blue Angels magnet
- Hand crocheted angora hair tie, made locally in Maryland
- Lavender soap from Ireland
THANK YOU CARDIDOG!