Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Facets

My Spoonflower

Friday, October 24, 2014

"Night & Day"...with a touch of red ~ & the 2014 Bloggers Quilt Festival

I'm linking this quilt up in the 2014 Blogger's Quilt Festival
and entering it in the Applique Quilts category.


This is (obviously) an appliqued lap quilt that I made a few months ago
and gave it as a gift to my swap partner in a Valentine's Day Swap.
All the designs in the black and white center part of the quilt are applique...
the hearts, vines, 5-petal flowers and rose cameos.





The pattern I used for making this can be found here: 

A huge thank you and shout out to Amy at Amy's Creative Side
for hosting the coordinating this fantastic festival!
And a thank you as well to all of the prize donors!

9 comments:

Pattilou said...

I can't imagine giving this quilt away. It's amazing.

Gina Koston said...

Pattilou ... Thank you for your comment/compliment!
I actually knew before I started it that it was going to be given away. I looked for a heart quilt pattern to make for my swap partner and thought this pattern was just so gorgeous. I added extra borders to make it larger, as it was a wall quilt pattern that I used, and I didn't want it to be for the wall...I wanted her to be able and use it as a quilt.

sonia said...

It's such a beautiful quilt.

sonia said...

It's a lovely quilt. Beautiful!

Gina Koston said...

@sonia... thank you kindly for your lovely comments!

canuckquilter said...

What a beautiful quilt! The colors really pop and the motifs are lovely. Lucky swap partner!

Gina Koston said...

Thank you canuckquilter! :)

Corinnea said...

This is gorgeous! You like giving awesome gifts too...��

Gina Koston said...

Thank you kindly Corinnea! I do love giving gifts...and I prefer to give handmade. It's always been one of the great joys in my life.