Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Peacock Quilt

I was recently a part of the Stitcher's Angel Swap 2009, and my swap partner, Wendy, has a love affair with the gorgeous Peacock bird.  The theme of the swap was roses.  I had fun with this swap, and or the first time ever, decided to try a quilting project from a peacock shawl I had purchased on eBay.  The shawl was made in India and is 100% rayon, so I was terriblly afraid of ruining it, but I just had to try.  Here is the outcome...






Wendy is a quilter, and if you check out her blog you'll see the gorgeous work she does.  My lack of sewing skills (other than baby bankets) and my zero knowlege of quilting made this a difficult project for me, and I was so worried it wouldn't be good enough.  I used a gold colored twisted rope-like pillow edging around the sides of the quilt, then took yarn in a color that matched the peacock blues, and pulled and knotted yarn pieces throughout the quilt in order to keep the batting in place.  Wendy loved it, as well as all the other things I made and sent to her in the swap box of goodies.  I am so glad I gave my very first quilt project to her...she so deserved it!

5 comments:

  1. Just so you know, this is my favorite quilt that I have. I love love love it! You did an excellent job and I am proud to be the owner of this quilt. Everyone who sees it wants it. It is so gorgeous and it is mine!yay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this quilt! It is so gorgeous and I am glad to be the proud owner of it! You did an excellent job. Anyone should be proud to own one of your creations. Everyone who sees it loves it. It is my most favorite quilt I own. Again thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so deserving of it too...I am glad I took the chance and made it for you! Thank you for your kind words and compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design of your quilt is very good. Which looks more beautiful with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you @weaverontextile :) It was one of the very first quilts I ever made. It was a gift for a friend in a craft swap many years ago!

    ReplyDelete