Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Traveling Baby Blankets (With Attached Toys)

This is another project I've been working on after seeing something similiar in a Ben Franklin Crafts store.
When shopping at a Ben Franklin Crafts store, I noticed these cute handkerchief sized "blankies" with attached toys.  The blanket alone was $30, and the toys were each priced individually too!
I thought it way too expensive for something so small.
I decided to make some very similiar, only mine are bigger...and they come with the toys attached.
I call them Traveling Baby Blankets because they are perfect for taking in a stroller or car seat.
Here's one of my finished Traveling Baby Blankets...




I use a soft fleece fabric on both sides, and a satin-type blanket trim around the edges.  I use fabric ribbon sewn onto the sides where I can attach the toys.  The toys are removable.



The following Traveling Baby Blanket was one that I made withouth the satin blanket trim.
I like the looks of the blanket better with the trim than I do without, but the one below was my first attempt at making these blankets, and it became a baby shower gift for my cousin.



No comments:

Post a Comment