Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Themed Blankets & a Pillow for a School Fundraiser...

My son goes to parochial school, and they host a Winter Festival every year around early to mid February.  The classrooms put together a themed gift basket to auction off at the Festival in order to help raise money for their school.  My son's classroom is putting together a Family Game Night theme, and another classroom is putting together a Camping theme.  I've made blankets for each of these themed gift baskets...
"MONOPOLY"
Family Game Night Blanket 
 ~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
 "ANTS ON A PICNIC"
Camping/Picnic Themed Blanket
 I used a red canvas for the back of this picnic blanket to make it more durable.
I purchased the red canvas from JoAnn's Fabrics in Janesville, WI.
The cute Ants on a Picnic fabric was an eBay purchase sometime during the summer of 2010.  I saw it online and fell in love with it, always intending it to be for a picnic blanket.  To add some size to the Ants on a Picnic panel, I added squares of some scrap fabrics I had leftover from previous blanket projects.
Basic black quilt binding finishes off the edges w/a red zig zag stitch.

I also made a Monopoly themed pillow...here it is....





No comments:

Post a Comment