Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Scrap-Happy Meets Wild & Crazy!


Earlier this year I decided I wanted to do something with all the scraps of leftover fabric I've got in my stash from previous sewing projects.  And right around the time this idea popped in my head, Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side was hosting an Improv with Amy sew-along/tutorial event on social media, so I decided to challenge myself and join in...  And here it is!

 This was the start of my #improvpieced quilt top, featuring many un-matching fabrics that kinda make it look like a Wild and Crazy quilt!  🤪 

Besides all the scrap fabric pieces I was using in this project, I also used a number of my own #spoonflowerfabric designs. For example, the purple petunia is one of my own personal fabric designs, along with a number of others. 😊
 Let the piecing begin...
 
 Below shows a closeup of a number of my Spoonflower designs
incorporated into the piecing along with the scraps.
 And the quilt top is completed...
 Just another closeup...
 Curved piecing below = great practice and I love how it turned out!
AND FINALLY...


My Improv with Amy quilt is completely finished!
I designed my quilt label using Bazaart and PicMonkey,
then ordered it through Spoonflower.
 
The best part about this quilt?
Well, that would have to be that Amy Ellis quilted it for me! 🥰.
I love her Broken Glass Quilt Design on this quilt...
it works perfectly with the busy fabrics!
 
While geocaching at an old cemetery after work,
I decided to take some of these photos.
I just love the history and reading the headstones,
especially when they’re from the Civil War era.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment