Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Pinky - A Baby Quilt

 

“Pinky” a baby quilt finished and gifted to a coworker/friend and her husband at their baby shower in October 2020, for baby-to-be. 
I love this quilt so much! It’s made from a pattern designed by Creative Bee Studios, which I purchased in her Etsy shop. It features a technique I’ve never used before, “Use Both Sides”... in other words, use some of the fabric’s backsides rather than the front. It mutes the colors and gives a creative effective that I just love. Four of the fabrics in this quilt were sewn in backwards, and it turned out perfect.Can you figure out which ones they are?






I'm sorry for so many photos, but it was a gorgeous fall day out and I couldn't decide which photos I liked best, so decided to use them all!
 
A huge heartfelt thank you to my friend Dorie for her long arm quilting, and for putting the binding on for me as well since I have been so far behind on sewing projects this year due to mask making. This quilt turned out beautiful!
 
Added Note 6/18/2021:
I'm linking my Pinky - A Baby Quilt post up to blog post "Show Me Something Outdoors" over at Sarah Goer QuiltsGive her blog a look and follow for great inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell which are backward! But it's a super cute quilt and I'm sure it's being loved now! Nice photos, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... the seahorse fabric is backwards, so is the fabric just above it the seahorses. Also the blue swirly fabric to the right and upper right of the octopus' head is backwards. The fabric used on the octopus itself is backwards wherever there are "suction cup" sections on its legs.
      Thank you for your kind words! Oh yeah... it's a very well loved quilt! :)

      Delete