Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Friday, September 24, 2021

The Madness Within

“The Madness Within"

An Improv-Pieced "crazy" quilt.

This was a quilt I started at the beginning of the covid era, taking my raw emotions out into the making of this chaotic acid-trip style of a design. All of the fabrics consisted of scraps leftover from past quilts and sewing projects, and my Spoonflower design sample pieces.

You can see that the center of the quilt starts out in a small, circular type of design, and gradually gets bigger until the outer edges where there’s less chaos but more normal shaped pieces. As time progressed, social distancing and other things in life gradually became to somewhat of a normal state again as 2021 rolled in. The anxiety & stress of covid and all the stupid crap associated with it (hoarding for example) lessened, and my nerves calmed down a bit. So it took me a year and half from start to finish, April 2020 to September 2021, to make this. With the long arm quilting skills of Quilting by David, this quilt completely represents how I felt since March 17th, 2020… the day most of Wisconsin shut down at 5pm, aka: St Patrick’s Day… also my birthday. Dinner plans with my bestie had to be canceled for after work that day… so I’ll always remember that dreaded day and when it all started…









 
One person commented on my Facebook post, prior to reading my description, that she thought my design resembled a rose.  I love her interpretation of what first came to mind when she saw the photos.  Once she said that, I couldn't help but to agree with her!  It really does resemble a rose.
 

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to express what you've personally, and all of the world, for that matter, been going through. It turned out absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete