Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Monday, January 7, 2019

A Photo Memory Quilt

Last March (2018), a friend lost her husband and youngest son to a devastating farm accident.  I wanted to do something special for her, and since I love making photo memory quilts, I thought this would be a good way to show her that I was thinking about her and cared about what she was going through. 

I saved a few photos from her FB profile, and printed them out on fabric using Spoonflower
Once finished, I hand delivered the quilt to her in June of 2018.  It was a tearful moment had by all.  It wasn't my intention to make everyone cry, but I know my gift of love was and still is so very appreciated.  I just wish I could have done more.  I can't begin to fathom what a person goes through after losing a child or spouse, let alone both.  She has a true faith in God that is helping her and the rest of her family get through all the devastation.  She is an inspiration.

The beautiful long-arming was done by Meandering Mary, New London, WI.  Take notice of the words she quilted in the background... That really made the quilt even more inspirational.












No comments:

Post a Comment