Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Monday, January 7, 2019

"Washing Day"

Over the years I've made a number of random quilt blocks.  Mainly because it's my way of trying out a new technique, or just because it's a pattern I like, so I make them and throw them in a pile.  I have made so many random quilt blocks, with no idea what to do with them, when I finally came up with the idea to make a quilt that looks like a clothesline with "quilts" hanging out to dry, and here's what I ended up with!   I even added some kitties at the bottom from some vintage fabric I found at a thrift store.
The blue floral borders on the top of the quilt, and the green patch of fabric on the scrappy back are both true vintage fabrics found at a rummage sale.  I love incorporating vintage fabrics in some of my quilts.
I started this project in 2015 or 2016, and completed it in 2018.














Added Note 6/18/2021:
I'm linking my Washing Day post up to blog post "Show Me Something Outdoors" over at Sarah Goer QuiltsGive her blog a look and follow for great inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man!!! That is so well done! Cute! Great way to use those orphan quilt blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Nancy! I also just figured out how to reply to blog comments after doing a little Google search! I had to go into my settings and change the comments from a pop up window to embedded. Boy oh boy... sure wish I had known that years ago! Haha! Live and Learn!
      Anyways, thank you again! This was a really fun quilt project to create!

      Delete