This blanket was a special request from a friend of mine... I used an actual American Flag purchased from Kmart in Ripon, WI as the background!
I printed letters on paper, cut them out, and used them as my templates for the orange & black fabric letters, which I then appliqued onto the top of the quilt. High loft batting was used for a nice thick finished quilt. The fire fighter uniform was made from fabric that was cut out to look like a uniform. Silver satin was used for the reflective stripes in the uniform.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Made from scraps of Harley Davidson fabric I purchased on eBay...the picture shows the back of the pillow on the left and the front of the pillow on the right...
These are one-of-a-kind pillows!
I pieced together scraps of remnant fabric pieces...quilting the top for added depth.
It's been awhile since I've been able to post something new. Life has been hectic, and I haven't had the time to sew nor a place to sew since my recent, temporary move to my parents' home. Lot's has been happening, but for now, my sewing is limited so I don't have a lot of new things to post. However, I will post some pictures of the bags I made over the holiday season for a few of my customer orders. All my patterns are packed away in a tub in storage right now, so unfortunately I am unable to share with you the patterns for the following bags that I have pictured...