Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Friday, August 22, 2014

Hexagon Garden Quilt


Well, I finally had incentive to finish this quilt, which was on my UFO pile for quite some time.  I needed a wedding gift, so I got it done on time to give to the bride and groom.

The quilt is called: Hexagon Garden.
Pattern for this quilt is in the book: More Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts, pg 82.

I used Moda's Seasonal Little Gatherings: Primitive Gatherings Jelly Roll for this quilt.  (Outer borders of black and brown fabrics were just coordinating fabrics from my stash).




Note:  This quilt sat folded for awhile on my UFO pile before I finally put the binding on.  As you can see, the fold lines/wrinkles don't come out.  I've recently found out that fold lines stay in a quilt permanently and that there's a certain way to fold quilts in order to prevent those lines.  Here's a quilt folding tutorial I found on another quilter's blog:  How to Fold and Store Quilts

This third photo shows an up-close view of the beautiful long-arm quilting.
I cut and pieced this quilt, but the long-arm quilting was done by
Meandering Mary, New London, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment