Saturday, January 5, 2013
Cathedral Window Technique - A Successful Attempt!
I have always loved the look of the Cathedral Window quilts, and always figured it would be too difficult for me to even attempt.
Well, I decided to finally try my hand at it, using an awesome tutorial found here: Hyena in Petticoats
Thanks to this tutorial, I was able to make this small piece that I will end up using as a centerpiece for a pillow. I added the buttons just because I love buttons on pillows, and they just made this pattern pop out at me.
I have to say, the Cathedral Window is not as tough to do as it appears. For me it was just tedious and made my fingers sore. So I don't know if I could ever make a whole entire quilt using this process, but at least I know I can do it!
So with that in mind...don't ever think something is too difficult to try. I know from my own personal experiences that sometimes the most intricate looking details are often the easiest to recreate!