Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Monday, July 19, 2010

"Birds of Autumn" Blanket & Pillow Set

I wanted to make a blanket for my mom
for her birthday so I went fabric shopping...
I found this absolutely gorgeous bird fabric
and coordinating leaf fabric
at JoAnn's Fabrics in Watertown, WI.
I couldn't resist buying it for a blanket.
I wanted a soft fabric for the back of the blanket
 so I went with a brown "oh-so-soft" fabric
that I found at JoAnn's as well.
Since I had a little leftover fabric,
I decided to make a matching pillow.
And I'm so excited!
Last year I had spent over $40 on a ruffling foot
for my sewing machine, but for the life of me
I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

I had recently bought myself a book:
By
Charlene Phillips

I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone!
I learned how to use my ruffling foot because of this book!
I used the ruffling foot for the ruffles on the ends of the pillow.

And here's what I made...






(The above pictures were taken w/my Blackberry,
so the coloring and clarity isn't as good as the pictures below.
The pictures below were taken w/my digital camera).

The hardest part of making the pillow was
hand sewing the buttons on
because of my carpal tunnel
and having to pull them so tight.
But the end results turned out fantastic!




No comments:

Post a Comment