Made By Gina's Custom Creations

Made By Gina's Custom Creations
Celtic Morning

My Spoonflower

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Angel's "Traveling E-Reader Hipster"

This was a request from a friend for his wife's birthday. I was asked to put an angel on the front, so I found a clip art image of an angel holding a book...PERFECT! I printed the image onto ink jet printable fabric, then appliqued it to the front of the hipster.

*"Traveling E-Reader Hipster" - *Pattern purchased from and created by BirdifulStitches 
The above photo was sent to me by the recipient's husband...
It shows her e-reader with the hipster.
This is the first time I've ever made anything even remotely like this...it's not perfect, but with practice I'll get it down pat!  I have a very difficult time reading patterns, so I struggled with making this one, then I finally gave up on instructions and ended up finishing it by just looking carefully at the pictures that BirdifulStitches provided in the pattern.  The only thing I had to seriously change was to not make the shoulder strap adjustable.  For the life of me I could not figure out how to do it.  Maybe someday I'll be better at making things such as this e-reader hipster!  ;o)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment